Skills, Tests, Achievement, Recognition
Skaters have the opportunity to take Skate Canada Tests through a nationally standardized testing system. When you register for a STARSkate program, you also become a member of Skate Canada with access to:
- complimentary Gold Test pins
- awards and incentives
- progress updates and report cards
- the opportunity to be talent-scouted
- personal growth and the development of important life skills such as goal-setting, self-discipline, confidence, time management, healthy lifestyle and coping strategies to deal with success and failure
The STARSkate program consists of:
- STAR assessments
- STAR competition categories
- supplementary events
The STAR 1-5 program offers the best-in-class figure skating curriculum in Canada, targeting athletes looking for a future in the sport. Taught by Skate Canada NCCP coaches, the program introduces participants to the basic figure skating elements to create the foundation for singles, pairs, ice dance and synchronized skating.
All skaters in this program must have passed CanSkate Stage 6 or equivalent. Skaters may be any age. Adaptive skaters who have the required skating ability welcome.
STAR 6- GOLD
STAR 6- Gold is an assessment and event structure for skaters who completed the STAR 1-5 Program. This structure builds on the skills acquired in STAR 1-5 and introduces skaters to more advanced figure skating elements.
For detailed information regarding competitions please refer to the Competition Program Requirements – STAR.